An ornate and delicate salad you can make quickly.
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced (fronds may be saved for salad garnish)
- 2 medium pears or 1 large pear, sliced length-wise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Note: Spinach can be used in place of arugula and walnuts or pecans may be included for added richness and crunch.
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, and salt.
- Combine arugula, fennel, and pear slices in a large bowl. Add dressing and lightly toss. Top with shaved Parmesan and garnish with fennel fronds.